Relax and Explore
Our serene retreat is set in the Derbyshire Dales on the edge of the beautiful Peak District National Park. It is an environment where you can relax away from the fast pace and distractions of everyday life. The peaceful accommodation, opportunities for wellness discussion and reflection, joined with delicious and healthy food will help you to recharge your body and mind.
- Nutritious breakfast – summer menu is available here!
- Refreshing teas and coffees in the room
- Toiletries, towels and hairdryer
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor patio
- Grassed back garden with a seating area under a gazebo
- Wi-Fi throughout
The whole property is a no smoking, pets or kids.
We offer a minimum two-night stay.
About Your Stay
Our exclusive retreat has two comfortable and welcoming rooms to choose from.
Both rooms benefit from a large, private en-suite bathroom and stunning views of the Derbyshire Dales and Matlock.
A wholesome breakfast worthy of a royalty is prepared using organic and local produce.
There is always some home-baked or locally sourced bread available along with other condiments. Breakfast menu is designed each month with nutrition and seasonal produce in mind.
- Complimentary pick-up from local train stations and airports
- Guided walks through the countryside
- Daily healthy snacks
- Boot cleaning
- Half-hour nutrition consultation
- Wake-up service
- Hot tub hire option for an additional fee, subject to availability
- Electric car charging point (coming this June)
- Exercise studio (coming in 2023)
- Work and business meetings space (coming in 2023)
Learn About The Area
To help you get the most from your stay, here are a few of our favourite things to do in and around Matlock.
Natural beauty around Matlock is ready to nurture tranquillity. We can recommend a range of activities for every feeling and every occasion. The main attraction is a plethora of walking trails, but we are also very lucky to have plentiful of historical villages, stately homes and fascinating museums. Within easy reach you can access splendid Chatsworth House and gardens, Haddon Hall, Bolsover Castle and Kedleston Hall. Towns and villages worth visiting outside of Matlock include Ashbourne, Belper, Bakewell, Eyam, Buxton and Matlock Bath of course. Walks worth considering include Monsal Trail, Ilam Park to the Stepping Stones in Dovedale and Tissington Trail. Local attractions also include Crich Tramway Museum, Carsington Water, Ecclesbourne Valley Railway, The Heights of Abraham and Castleton Caves to name but a few.
Our local produce, small businesses and the warmth of people add to the sense of harmony and luxury you will find with us. Nearby there is a range of small businesses and markets offering unique jewellery and pottery, local honey, meats and cheeses. There are many breweries and distilleries in the area where you can sample beer, wine, whiskey and gin.
Some Cafes, Pubs, Bars and Restaurants
- Kefi Matlock
- Café in the Park, Matlock
- Bentley Brook Brewery, Lumsdale
- Bradmans Wine Cellar, Matlock
- Twenty Ten, Matlock
- The Red Lion & Moot Ales, Matlock
- The Newsroom, Matlock
- The Farmacy, Matlock
- The Thorn Tree Inn, Matlock
- The Gate Inn, Tansley
- D’alessandro Pizza, Matlock
- Remarkable Hare, Matlock
- Maazi, Matlock
- Viva Restaurant, Matlock
- Stones, Matlock